Saturday, December 29, 2007

disappointed (part 1 of 2)

I feel like there is a plague of disappointment amongst my generation. broken hearts and broken souls, left wandering what happened to life - where did it go?

Did you ever have it? Do you have it now?

I, we, are always found wanting. Wanting what? - Anything, Something, this void does not disappear. In but the warmest night the heart grow cold still. While every circumstance may be in my favor, still I yearn for more. It's just not complete. What's not complete? Me, Something, It - I can't put words to it, but I capitalize It because It is Something - it's there and we groan.

I read in Romans 10 that whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.
Do I agree with this?

I must admit I have been disappointed since I have been a christian. I must admit that I have cursed this plight called christianity at times. I feel like being human is a disappointment to a certain degree. A heart that wanders for certain escapades surely finds it plans spoiled at some point, and it's always untimely. For what pleasure is more important than the one that lay just outside our grasp at that given moment? I constantly find my reach too short.

part 2 coming in a few.....

No comments: