Monday, July 16, 2007

Do you remember?

Psalm 138:5
“They Shall sing of the ways of the Lord.”

When did you really start to sing of the ways of the Lord? The first time any one really sings of the ways of the Lord is when they lose their burden at the foot of the Cross. There is never a song as sweet as the one of a newly born christian, who has just realized they are a forgiven child of God. You know how the mathematician and philosopher Blaise Pascal said it on the night of his conversion:

“From about half past ten at night to about half an hour after midnight,
FIRE
"God of Abraham, God of Isaac, God of Jacob," not of philosophers and scholars
Certitude, heartfelt joy, peace.
God of Jesus Christ...
God of Jesus Christ...
"O righteous Father, the world has not known You, but I have known You" (John 17:25).
Joy, joy, joy... tears of joy....”
(Remember you must read this with passion or it will make no sense at all)

Having written this on a piece of parchment and pinning it on the inside of his jacket so he may always remember that night.

Do you remember the day that your sins fell off your soul? Do you remember the night when you went to sleep without that burden? Do you remember when he sought you out and said “I will be your God, and you will be my Child... for I have loved you with an everlasting love, I will continue to be faithful to you...(Jer 31:1,3)”

How sweet it was that night that Christ took my sin away from me, realizing that the burden of achievement was now taken of my chest. So joyous I could rarely keep from talking about it. The fresh healing of my wounds made me want to tell everyone I knew of the liberty I had received at the foot of the cross.

But it has taken me four long years to realize that I mustn't celebrate only that day, but rather everyday since then. God has loved me and you with an EVERLASTING love, not a conditional once in awhile love, but an EVERLASTING Love. That should cause us to wake everyday fighting to know that love more intimately so that we may once again fully realize the burden that has been lifted.

No comments: