Saturday, June 02, 2007

To come or not to come

Saturday night service that is. I have been reflecting today on the table. I think once a month is a good "minimum." In order to get it at Perimeter you have to come Saturday night. And I like it. A great casual atmosphere. Low key.....and you can still go out for dinner afterwards! What a deal.

I was thinking that when you are dirty, messed up, stuck, that is a good time to come. When you are feeling good and everything is ok, that is a good time to come. Anytime is a good time. The OT guys did it when they had really messed up. The NT guys said lets make it a regular thing because we really are messed up.

Maybe I am a NT guy.

So there you have it. Short blog. Long table.

2 comments:

roy said...

thanks RS, good words. Brevity breeds clarity.

Ashley said...

I second you Roy. This was a needed reminder Randy. The Saturday night service just doesn't jive with what I usually want to do on Saturdays. Yet I need to do it. I need to be present with the Lord without all the distractions of lunch plans!