Monday, May 21, 2007

Men at Work

Hello all, Roy has invited me to be a guest blogger, so you can blame him for getting me on the on ramp here. I love what you all are doing.

So, I have this men's group and one of the guys has a need for some help, support and encouragement. Before the words can leave his lips fully and I begin to say, "Can someone...?" one of the other guys says, "I will come alongside." Just like that. He knows there is a cost and he does not care. The brother in need received the offer without saying something stupid like, "I'm ok, I do not need help."

I call that discipleship, and there is nothing that makes a leader want to boast in the Lord more then seeing a disciple minister to someone else. My guess is the fellow in need will bless the one who helps in some complementary way, not as pay back, but just because it will happen. He is a discipler too. It is a beautiful thing to see.

We will meet this Summer as friends over some steak (hamburger), on a shady deck, drinking our favorite beverages. If I die before the end of the summer they will be my pall bearers and Scott will sing Pride (In the Name of Love) at my funeral. It has been a good year. Discipleship. Get it. Get a friend. Get God.

2 comments:

roy said...

indeed, thanks Randy. Welcome to the gathering blog world.

Ashley said...

Randy! So great to have you posting here. Thanks for all your encouragement and inspiration.