Monday, October 06, 2008

after many false starts, gonna try to consistantly blog again!


great quote about following God and calling that I came accross this morning:

"Let us be very careful of thinking on the one hand, that we have no work assigned us to do, or, on the other hand, that what we have assigned to us is not the right thing for us..
If we can say in our hearts to God, in reference to any daily duty, "This is not my place; I would choose someting dearer; I am capable of someting higher"... we are guilty not only of rebellion, but of blasphemy. It is equivalent to saying, not only "My heart revolts against your commands", but "Your commands are unwise; your Almighty guidance is unskilful; your omniscient eye has mistaken the capacities of your creature; your infinite love is indifferent to the welfare of your child"

--- Elizabeth Charles

4 comments:

John West said...

I haven't read her before, but her quote sounds a lot like a page out of 'My Utmost for His Highest'. That, of course, is a compliment :).

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment, John. i agree with you, it seems like all of those 'old timers' were deeply in touch with ultimate reality

roy said...

keep it up matt!

Randy Schlichting said...

Hey, is your definition of consistent, "Once a week?" We are here to encourage you man to meet the milestone!!