Sunday, June 08, 2008

A theology of little things...





I long to accomplish a great and noble task..
But it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
Helene Keller

"Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. --Jesus, Luke 16.10

A little thing is a little thing, but faithfulness in a little thing is a big thing

It seems to me that the greatest battles in my spiritual journey revolve around being faithful in the mundane, the blue collar, the ordinary, and the unheraled.
But, with God, there are no little things.
As Francis Schaffer wrote, 'there are no little people and no little places in God's economy of things'

May we battle today to be faithful in the little things.

ps... Don't forget the Night of worship this evening at Perimeter... 6pm...
see you there.

2 comments:

roy said...

agree, I have the hardest time when I am on the road traveling with this mindset. I must keep diligent in everything, fore my soul drifts with these things. 'small hinges swing big doors' as they say.

Anonymous said...

true that