Tuesday, November 13, 2007

a secret

"the obviously well kept secret of the "ordinary" is that it is made to be a receptacle of the divine" -dallas willard
funny (sarcastic) how I can consistently forget the gospel. forget in the sense that I seem to not intersect with it daily, weekly, hourly - while in reality I do, i just have an orientation other than what I desire to have. i forget that a divine footnote lurks after every word on every page in this Story that we are all living in.
reading the story of the harlot in luke 7, i find myself in the pharisees place - thinking I have it "more together" than them over there. As we heard on Sunday night, the Gospel - while for everyone - is not to be thought of as only being needed by my neighbor who doesn't cut their "grass".

HOME GATHERING
if you are new to the gathering (or old), we are so thankful you have been coming around - I hope to see you at the Home Gathering this Thursday night. see our calendar for more info on the event (link is on the right)

No comments: