Friday, October 19, 2007

airplane momemt

Every time I ride an airplane I have this random, yet recurring, moment when I visit the bathroom (not that kind of moment). I look in the little mirror as i wash my hands and all of a sudden it hits me -
"I am freaking flying"
"I am thousands of feet in the air, flying - flying"
And I begin to sorda get this childish grin to even think how nuts that is...the sheer thought of it blows me away. Can you imagine a few hundred years ago a few friends chatting outside their abodes, or in the horse n buggy, or whatever and one of them blurts out - "One day humans will be able to fly" - what lunacy the other friends must have thought. How in the H is anyone going to fly, get real. Granted people can't fly in of themselves, however due to this whole plane thing it is made possible.

A few days after my airplane moment I am sitting in a pretty random, eclectic - cool church in downtown LA held at the Wilshire theater instead of at a typical building. all kinds of people around, Benz's and Buicks, old and young, 5 plastic surgeries or more and people who prob never look in the mirror, black, asian, hispanic and whites....all worshiping together. And then it hits me -
"We are freaking children of God"
Just like the airplane moment, it's this known that I just over look and forget the craziness of it all.This is even crazier than flying though, "a child of God" - how nuts is that? Just try saying it to yourself and if it doesn't make you sorda feel insane, or blush, or shout or flat out shut your mouth then somethings up.
Granted people are not children of God in of themselves, however due to this whole Christ thing it is made possible.

No comments: