Wednesday, September 05, 2007

2nd Tim

This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time

It says in 2nd Timothy - He started the grace ball rolling before the beginning of time - wow! what does that mean? How does that impact the perspective I have on today? That before he created anything he had thought about Grace. not boulders, not the seas, nor me - but Grace. Fore if I came first, grace would surely not follow.

I commonly think time revolves around me, Roy. Along with the sun, the moon, and everything you do. I am the central character and everyone else plays the antagonist, "get out my way sucka." This all seems to boil down to some form of selfish ambition that I have rooted deep within me. I have found this ambition failing and when it fails the world atrophies along with me (in my head of course, not in real life) (what happens when a star collapses is the picture i get)
and everything just goes to crap. Sunsets are dumb. Friends are a drag. Blah Blah.

All this to say that 2nd Timothy touches me today. My ambition failed many times today and the sunset that i now look at looks glorious, not drab as if my ambition eclipsed even the Lord's creation.

No comments: