Thursday, June 07, 2007

Don't you want somebody to love?

No one sang like Grace Slick. (Google her if you are clueless)

As I spent time with an Elder this after noon we chatted about caring for people. It is hard. How do you do it? Do they want you to do it? Do they need help? Are they being truthful with you? The questions are endless. Do you want somebody to love?

A couple of thoughts:

1) People need help. They need to be loved and feel it. Don't let them make you think they don't.

2) There is no substitute for time spent. I think people are lonelier now then ever even though we have all these communication devices.

3) I wonder if we should call someone and say, "Want to come over for dinner or hang out?"

Baby steps to caring....every one who can should love some one; someone who may not be able to love, or may not feel loved.

Last point. When you spend time, be a good listener. I find the older I get, the less the quantity of meaningful stuff I have to say. I am trying to learn to shut up and listen well. I will do that now. Blessings!

No comments: